Limited Warranty Terms
Last updated July 20, 2023
All Troxus e-bikes (each an “e-bike”), and their individual Covered Components (as deﬁned herein), are protected against all manufacturing defects in material or workmanship for 2 years after receipt of the e-bike by the customer (the “Warranty Period”). This Limited Warranty is only applicable to United States e-bike purchases and in accordance with the following terms:
- Only the original owner of an e-bike purchased from Troxus’s online official website, official Amazon store or from authorized dealers are covered by this Limited Warranty. The Warranty Period begins upon customer’s receipt of the order conﬁrmation email or invoice and shall end immediately upon the earlier of the end of the Warranty Period or any sale or transfer of the e-bike to another person, and under no circumstances shall the Limited Warranty apply to any subsequent owner or other transferee of the e-bike.
- All authorized dealers of Troxus within the United States are obligated to provide customer support and service for e-bikes purchased from them. Please contact the dealers directly for any assistance or service you may require. You can ﬁnd speciﬁc dealer information by visiting this link. Troxus will actively assist the dealers in delivering the necessary services throughout the entire process.
- The Limited Warranty is expressly limited to the replacement of a defective lithium ion battery (the “Battery”), frame, forks, stem, handlebar, headset, seat post, saddle, brakes, lights, bottom bracket, crank set, pedals, rims, wheel hub, freewheel, cassette, derailleur, shifter, motor, throttle, controller, wiring harness, LCD display, kickstand, reﬂectors and hardware (each a “Covered Component”).
- The Covered Components are warranted to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during the Warranty Period.
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover
- Purchases from unauthorized dealers. View Troxus authorized dealers.
- Purchase from unoﬃcial Amazon stores. View Troxus oﬃcial Amazon store.
- Products without suﬃcient proof of purchase.
- Second-hand products.
- Items that have expired their warranty period.
- Normal wear and tear of any Covered Component.
- Consumables or normal wear and tear parts (including without limitation tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, grips, chain and spokes).
- Any damage or defects to Covered Components resulting from failure to follow instructions in the e-bike owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modiﬁcation, improper assembly, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the e-bike as sold, operator error, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Troxus will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
- Any alterations, modiﬁcations, or other changes made by you to an ebike following your purchase which affect the safety, operation, or mechanics of the e-bike may void the Limited Warranty and shall be at your sole risk of harm.
- The Battery is not warranted from damage resulting from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear or water damage.
- Any products sold by Troxus that is not an e-bike.
DETERMINING WHETHER DAMAGE OR DEFECT TO AN EBIKE OR COVERED COMPONENT IS PROTECTED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF TROXUS.
Damage or loss of a Covered Component during shipping is not covered by this Limited Warranty, but Troxus will replace such damaged or lost Covered Components if you:
- Notify Troxus of a Covered Component damaged or lost in the shipping process within 5 days of your receipt of the e-bike;
- Provide Troxus with a dated picture of the damaged Covered Component;
- Return all original packaging and paperwork included with the e-bike; and
- Note any immediately recognizable damage on the shipper’s Bill of Lading prior to signing oﬀon the shipment.
Shipping damage claims are very time sensitive and it is your responsibility to immediately inspect the e-bike for damage upon receipt.
If you choose to set up your own independent shipping method, such as use of a freight forwarder or other similar service, Troxus will not replace any Covered Components damaged during such shipping method.
Credit Card Chargebacks
If any e-bike purchase becomes subject to a credit card chargeback in any amount, and you are still in possession of the e-bike, then this Limited Warranty shall be invalidated until the credit card chargeback has been resolved.
TROXUS WILL NOT REPLACE ANY COVERED COMPONENT UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WITHOUT FIRST SEEING PHOTOS OR VIDEO OF THE DAMAGED COVERED COMPONENT. ADEQUATE PROOF OF PURCHASE IS NECESSARY.
In order to exercise your right to receive a replacement for a Covered Component under this Limited Warranty, you must:
- Contact the Troxus Technical Support team at email@example.com. The Technical Support team will initially work with you on the problem with your ebike to identify potential simple ﬁxes.
- If the Technical Support team determines that a Covered Component must be replaced, they will provide you with a set of instructions for returning the defective Covered Component and receiving the replacement.
- After you receive the replacement Covered Component, the Technical Support team will also assist in determining how to replace or install the new Covered Component into your ebike.
- Troxus will be responsible for covering the shipping costs (i) in case of a product quality issue, and (ii) for the initial replacement of a Covered Component. However, you will be responsible for covering your own shipping costs in the following cases: (i) if the return is due to personal reasons, and (ii) if it involves the replacement of the same component again. Please note that shipping costs are non-refundable. Replacement Covered Components under this Limited Warranty shall only be shipped to the address of the original purchaser.
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND TROXUS’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. TROXUS’S LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE EBIKE, NOR SHALL TROXUS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, TROXUS DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE FOR THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.