- Samsung Battery Cells
- Fully integrated into the frame
- Removable / Lithium-Ion / 48V 20A
- Weighs Roughly 11.5 lbs
This 960Wh capacity battery gives you a brilliant riding experience. The battery can be recharged more than 800 times during its life cycle. Its power level can be checked on the display. When the battery power light shows a yellow light, it means that the battery power is insufficient.
The Lynx and eXplorer models are designed for integrated batteries (fully embedded in the frame).
In order to ensure efficient and safe charging of the battery on your e-bike, we would like to introduce you to some best practices. Our battery is a high-tech product, so some basic knowledge needs to be understood before charging, including battery types, charging environment, and temperature.
- For more detailed information, such as how to check the battery level and understand the range and expected lifespan of the battery, you can refer to the battery basics resources article and the user manual of the Troxus e-bike.
- For how to remove and reinstall the battery, please read the article How to Charging Outside of the E-bike.
The high-quality, state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery that came with your e-bike from Troxus e-bike is designed safely. Still, all e-bike batteries store considerable power and must be handled correctly. Any damage or misuse of your battery or charger can cause a safety hazard. Follow all safety and procedural instructions below and in your user manual.
To ensure that your Troxus e-bike is always in top condition and to guarantee your safety and use experience, we strongly recommend that you only use official aftermarket battery accessories or products that Troxus has tested for safety and compatibility.
Using accessories or products that have not been tested for safety and compatibility with Troxus may present the following potential risks:
1. Warranty Void: Using non-official battery accessories or products may void your warranty, preventing you from enjoying the original warranty service.
2. Property Damage: Untested battery accessories may be incompatible with your Troxus e-bike, leading to decreased performance or even damage to other key components, resulting in property loss.
3. Safety Hazards: Products not tested and recommended by Troxus e-bikes may present safety hazards, potentially causing battery overheating, leakage, or other issues that could jeopardize your safety.
4. Personal Injury: Using untested battery accessories may result in abnormal operation of the e-bike, increasing the risk of accidents and posing a potential threat to your safety and that of others.
Safe Charging Environment
To perfectly coordinate the electric assistance system, our e-bike has implanted a complementary communication protocol and BMS (Battery Management System) inside the original battery. To summarize, it allows the controller and battery to communicate, better understand each other's operating status, and avoid freezing, overheating, extreme cold, or explosions.
There are independent safety control measures inside the battery, allowing it to be charged while still on the e-bike or removed for separate charging. However, there are some essential guidelines to be followed during charging:
- Use the original charger provided
- Keep the charging port dry
- Avoid charging in outdoor rainy conditions
Furthermore, during winter, slow charging or difficulty receiving a charge may occur in very low-temperature outdoor environments. This is because, at low temperatures, lithium-ion deposits may form in the battery, reducing its activity and affecting charging and discharging efficiency. Therefore, it is recommended that users choose to charge indoors during winter.
If the battery is not used for long periods, it is recommended to charge it regularly every three months and avoid fully discharging it. Spare batteries should be stored in a dry environment at room temperature.
When charging a powerful battery, please place it in a location that is easily accessible or to bypass, to ensure safety. Do not place the battery near corridors or doors, as this could hinder your exit route in case of emergency
Please, do not charge the battery unattended to avoid charging problems going unnoticed and causing component damage or fire hazards. Always charge the battery in a place where it can be monitored to ensure the safety of the charging process.